segunda-feira, 8 de agosto de 2011

Thylane Lena Rose Blondeau

So, guess what, another preadolescence does a photo shoot with sexual imagery. Not heavy sexual imagery, but, you know, dressed in high heels, heavy make up, big cleavage.. But this time, the model, Thylane Lena Rose Blondeau, is only 10 years old.
The images I'm talking about are the ones displayed in the right and left. 

I'm not bothered by the content of the photos. I don't think it has sexual connotations, at least not at a level we should be concerned about. What I'm bothered by is the photos themselves. This parents (and I'm sure this girls does this voluntarily, I'm not arguing that) are taking away their daughter's childhood, and truth to be told, most parents are. Children today are under pressure to grow up too quickly. I our western society, It's not so much because parents want their children to grow up so they can work like it was half a century ago in my country. this days, I blame the end of childhood on the media and celebrity culture. Really, this pictures are the antithesis of what childhood should be, when do we go back to harry potter books, finding worms in the backyard, playing with toys and have that pleasure of ruining clothes with mud?       

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário